Friday, February 1, 2008

Okay, so it wasn't just a fever

Well, I'm still under the weather. Yesterday I was much worse than Wednesday, so I went to the doctor. They tested me for influenza A and B, both came back negative, but I think what I have is viral. If I'm not feeling quite a bit better tomorrow, I'm supposed to get some antibiotics and then if I'm still not doing better a few days after that, I go back in for more tests.
At this point, I'm just really hoping nobody else in my family gets this as it has been extremely unpleasant.

Shifting gears, I have recently started exchanging information regarding religions with a good friend of mine who lives on the other side of the country. We have found that we have many things in common, even though there are things that are peculiar to our specific faiths. I think it is great that we can have such an open exchange of beliefs and mutual respect. Religion is no reason to go to war.

4 comments:

It Ain't Over Til the Fat Lady Sings said...

Duh - I was so busy with our Faith Exchange emails, I didn't bother to ask how you were doing.

Are you better? I assume you are since you managed to get onto the computer. You scared me when you went 'silent' for a while - very much out of character.

Doobie said...

I just now noticed that I had some comments on a couple of my posts.

First, from the last comment, yes, I'm a Libra (the scales, but not the serpantine or lizard variety), October 18th.

You're right, it isn't like me to go "silent". The day you're refering to was a relapse day, I didn't even look at or touch a computer the entire day.

It Ain't Over Til the Fat Lady Sings said...

Cool. October 18th. My sister is the 17th and I am the 9th. I've liked all of the Libras I've ever met. There might be something to this Zodiac stuff after all...

Anonymous said...

On the religion topic, I'm really with you on the last sentence. If people beliefe or not should not be a messaure to judge a person. And if people of differents faiths or believes come together they both should try to respect the other and maybe adjust to the situation without giving themselves away. This way, a lot of trouble could be(or have been) prevented