Monday, February 4, 2008

Good thing I didn't have any money on the game

Well, it's a good thing that I didn't have any money on the big game. The Giants looked like a lot better team than they did against the Packers (at least to me).
My wife picked it though. She said that the Giants would win by 3 so man, did she nail that one.

That virus that I had I'm hoping is gone, but my cough still lingers and I've discovered that when you cough a lot, particularly deep, hacking coughs, you tend to get head aches. I normally don't get head aches very often, so it's been a different experience for me. I'm WAY better than I was a week ago at this time though, that's for sure.

Today was my boy's birthday and my wife got him a cake from a local bakery, which made me think of the cake that she got for me at that same bakery. A few years ago, I turned 30 and my wife wanted to get me a cake and take it to my parent's place for a family get together. But, she let my daughter pick the cake. So, there I was, at my parent's place with most of my brothers and sisters, celebrating by 3-decade birthday with a My Little Pony birthday cake. As you can probably imagine, I got a bunch of crap from my brothers and sisters, but I sure won't ever forget it.

The Colorado Avalanche are playing tonight, leading 1-0 against the Coyotes at the moment. We'll see if they can hang on for the win. Okay, check that, Coyotes just scored on the powerplay (5 on 3) so the game is now tied and they still have a power play. I'll sign off before another goal gets scored.

1 comment:

It Ain't Over Til the Fat Lady Sings said...

Your daughter is a woman after my own heart. But I'm going to have a tough time getting that "My Little Pony" image out of my head.