Sunday, February 3, 2008

Update on health and a quick explanation of my nickname

Okay, so my fever is gone now and my aches are pretty much gone as well. However, I'm still congested (sinuses and chest) and coughing like a 30 year smoker. I do seem to be on the mend though, so I'm just trying to not overdue it. Hopefully I can get this completely out of my system in the next couple of days. It has not been pleasant, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel and I'm pretty sure it isn't an oncoming train.

As for my nickname, it's a pretty short story really. My sister and I used to have an apartment together when we first moved out of our parents house after high school. She was the "Twisted Sister" and I was the "Doobie Brother". The name "Doobie" just stuck and many people still call me by that to this day.

Well, we have been getting a lot of snow and it is still snowing now, who knows how much we'll end up with when this storm is done. Today would be church day, but I think it best that I not attend today. The last thing I want to do is pass this along to someone else or get a relapse of it myself. (For the record, I couldn't care less who wins the Super Bowl, but I think that the Pat's will take it. I saw the Giants beat the Packers and I must say, I didn't find the win very convincing. Looked to me like that game could have just as easily gone the other way)

1 comment:

It Ain't Over Til the Fat Lady Sings said...

Glad you're doing better, Doobie. Also glad that your nickname had nothing to do with Scoobie (Doobie Dooooo)!!!