Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fevers are no fun

I'm getting over a fever at the moment, it's kept me down the last couple of days and I'm still recovering today, although at least I was able to be a little productive. My temperature was at 104 last night, not sure I've ever had a temperature that high before. My sister-in-law who is a veterinarian said that a fever of 105 can burn up your brain, so I'm hoping I still have a little left with which to work tomorrow.

The achy body is the part that sucks the most, makes it hard to get comfortable. But I'm also one of those people who has a hard time gaining weight. I try to, but it usually takes a couple of weeks for me to put on just a couple of pounds. However, when I get sick like this and can't eat much, I can lose 5 pounts in two days. Very disheartening.

I'm not bragging about that; Some people have told me that they wished they had my problem, but that's only because they don't. I'm not saying I wish I had the opposite problem, where it takes weeks to lose a couple of pounds and then one small relapse can gain them back again, but trying to get to or maintain your ideal weight can be frustrating no matter which way you're headed.

There is an upside though, I've watched (or at least listened to) many episodes of the King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Sienfeld, the Simpons and Home Improvement. All great shows in their own way. I don't like feely unproductive though, that's something that should be reserved for vacation time only (if even then).

Anyway, hopefully one more good night of rest and I'll be much better and able to get back to my regular routine.

1 comment:

It Ain't Over Til the Fat Lady Sings said...

You are a NUT. This post made me laugh out loud - you should be writing humor, not software. You're a Libra? So am I (October 9) - I had no clue. You'll have to tell me where Doobie came from.