Friday, March 7, 2008

CashFlow

So, today is game night. We went out with some friends to our favorite Chinese place and came back to my place to play CashFlow, a very fun game that teaches you about investing. I'm writing now as the game is being played because I'm getting my teeth kicked in at the moment. I couldn't get any deals on my draws, then I draw a doodad card (means I have to buy something). Sometimes the doodad isn't bad, like a coffee maker or something for 50 bucks. But no, I have to draw the vacation home doodad card. 25K down plus 500 per month. Anyway, I didn't have the money so had to go bankrupt. Which, among other things, means I lose three turns. (Thus the time I have to write this entry in my blog) Then, I get a chance to buy stock due to another card at a great deal, which normally I couldn't take, but due to the nature of the card I could. So, I put almost all of my cash into the stock because the price was so good. And then on the next round, that stock goes bankrupt. Okay, well it's finally my turn again, so I'm going to go try to climb out of the gutter and get back into the game.
More later.

No comments: