Sunday, June 1, 2008

Toys

Toys are great. They can really make life fun and they come in all different shapes and sizes.
Friday night we had some friends over and played Big Brain Academy on the Nintendo Wii. It's a very fun game, challenging you with different categories such as Visual, Memorize and Compute. I used to have the highest score, but one of my friends beat me by 30 points (1361 versus 1331) so I've got some training and retesting to do to see if I can regain the top spot. Granted, I'm sure that plenty of people out there have a lot higher scores than that (feel free to leave comments about your high score if you feel so inclined) but considering I play it so infrequently, I feel okay with those results.

Anyway, yesterday I mowed the lawn using another toy. My wife bought a John Deere riding mower. More of small tractor with a mowing blade on it really. The thing is pretty sweet. It has 4 wheel steering and cruise control. Yeah, you read right. Cruise control. On a lawn mower. I had no idea they had such a thing. At any rate, I can do the lawn in like 20 minutes with that thing. I use the same kind of pattern as a Zamboni refinishing the ice between periods.

Yeah, toys are fun.

3 comments:

It Ain't Over Til the Fat Lady Sings said...

Hey, I thought that new lawn mower was your wife's toy!!! Good of her to allow you to take it for a spin.

Nothing runs like a Deere. I'm getting jealous and may get one of my own.

Too bad they (J. Deere) only come in green, though - it is my least favorite color. I'm more in the market for something in fire engine red.

Does Farmall make a lawn mower?

Doobie said...

Your best bet for a red mower is probalby either Craftsman or Toro. They both make fine mowers as well.
And yes, the mower is my wif's toy, not mine. But it is still a toy none the less.

Anonymous said...

That's funny because I just saw a commercial where they were driving a lawn mower like yours with tv and a grill :-D how would you like that one?