Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Last weekend

Well, last Friday, I (along with half the population of the United States it would seem) went with my wife and some friends to see Iron Man. It was a very good movie, better than I had expected and quite a bit more than the poor super hero knockoff movies that are little more than a fancy custom with lots of special effects. I enjoyed the character development, plot, humor and of course the action and special effects. I would recommend it to anybody.

Saturday I had a baptism, triplets (two boys and one girl), plus one other boy. The one was a little late showing up, so we didn't get started until about 15 minutes after we should have and then the thing ran a little long anyway, so it ended up taking almost twice as long as some others, but it ended up going okay.

Other than some yardwork, that was pretty much my weekend. Two of the other projects that I've been working recently are all but wrapped up and I need to do some bids on some new projects, but it's good to keep busy. Much better than the alternative.

The other movies that I'm really looking forward to are Prince Caspian as well both the new Batman and new Hulk movies, which hopefully will be pretty good. It would be extra nice if one of them can rival Iron Man, but that might be asking a bit much, especially of a sequel.

No comments: