Monday, July 21, 2008

Sure enough

Well, that last goal I set of gaining one pound in two weeks isn't holding up so well at present. Currenly I have to gain two pounds to get there.

I need to find somehting else to write about now, this Wii fit related thread is getting old and my weight really isn't changing all that much. I'll sound off on that again later if anything a bit more significant happens.

In the mean time, other things that have been happening lately are that my grandmother (my dad's mother) passed away late last Thursday night. She and my grandfather had been married for almost 60 years, so it must be hard on him to lose his long time companion. I've only been married a little over 10 years and it would be a pretty hard adjustment for me to make, so hopefully I'll never have to.

2 comments:

It Ain't Over Til the Fat Lady Sings said...

When I was a kid I used to pray fervently that nobody in my family would ever die before anyone else. I wasn't sadistically praying that we'd all go down together in a nuclear blast or massive car wreck or anything like that - it's just that I loved them all so much, I was horribly fearful of losing any one of them.

Well, God didn't answer my prayers in exactly the way that I wanted Him too. I've gone through the loss of both parents, most of my aunts and uncles and a best friend, and it just never gets any easier.

My latest prayer is that I don't live long enough to lose the rest of my family, all my friends and my mind, but God has a funny way of answering prayers, sometimes.

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you will take comfort in your belief in the afterlife.

Doobie said...

I do indeed take comfort in my faith in the plan of salvation. It is comforting to know that I have the chance to see them again and that this life is not the end.