Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Where I stand - on earmarks

I am against them.
I think that earmarks are both part of the massive spending problem that we have as well as a gross misuse of power.  I find it very ironic that so many people say that do not approve of the job congress is doing, and yet keep voting back the same people.  It's like everybody is pleased with their own representatives and displeased with others.  What that suggests to me is that many people feel that earmarks in general are bad, but as long as they benefit me they are okay.
An earmark to set aside money to buy a copy of my book for every school in the country would beyond a doubt benefit me.  But I would have to oppose such an earmark because it would still be an earmark.  We all need to lead by example, especially in this regard.
It is said that charity starts at home; Responsibility should as well.

No comments: